Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Not enough internet access

Hello, or maybe bonjour or any other greeting. I haven't been able to keep updating my travels because I haven't had ready access to reasonable internet. In Roma, no access, then Jesi's computer went on strike then in Chamonix the hotel wanted .35 euros for 1 minute... too pricy - I have many other things to spend my money on. Too many...

So, we spent a couple of days in Paris - Eiffel Tower, Pantheon, shopping on the Champs d'Elysees, and, of course, the wonderful food... Then, off to Roma! Beautiful and exciting... We stayed at the Hotel Canova, a very nice hotel with a veranda on the roof. We walked all over
Roma and I do mean all over - we didn't take any buses there - only our own feet. I saw the Colosseum (home to many, many feral cats) and walked through a section that is in the process of being unearthed. It was an amazing experience to walk through and even touch parts of buildings that were over 2000 years old! Around every corner, more astounding sites - The Trevi Fountain (yes, I tossed a coin over my shoulder so I could ensure my return), and went to the original Pantheon. We went to the Piazza Navona, a beautiful square full of activity. We actually went through there several times and ate near there more than once.

We, of course, went to the Vatican but couldn't get into St Peter's Basillica because it was Good Friday. We did get into the Vatican Musuem and the Sistine Chapel. To be honest, I could have spent days and days in Rome. The people were wonderful and the city, though crowded and somewhat dirty, was colorful and inviting.

I have to close for now. I will update as soon as I can. Thanks for reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home