Monday, April 02, 2007

Paris continued

Hello all! I have been having many new experiences. In of which is typing on a French keyboard - very different. It is very strange to be in a city where most of the language I hear spoken is differnt from mine - French, Italian, Arabic... but it is all good. People are nice and Paris is a beautiful city. I have been on the Metro (subway) and several trains. Getting around the city without a car is suprisingly easy. We've been to the musèe rodin and to Versaille but the palace itself was closed. I was not disappointed because the gardens are immense. We even rented a row boat and went out on the lake. Raphael, my daughter's wonderful boyfriend' did most of the rowing - and quite well I might add.

The food here has been great, no surprise there. I ate duck for the first time - yum! And this morning we had a chocolet pastry that was delicious. There is an interesting drink here - Orangina - that tastes like carbonated orange juice. It is very good. For dinner last night we ate in my room. Wine, cheese, and patè (another first) all very good.

That is all I have time for today because I am off the the Eiffel Tower... bon soire, au revoire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home